HOME  WHAT WE DO  HOW WE WORK  |  WHO WE ARE  |  PORTFOLIO  |  CONTACT  |  DESIGNERS DIARY BLOG  |  215.275.3270

Friday, January 15, 2010

Planning a Wedding in Paris

My favorite fashion, floral and shopping images from Paris

During my month long stay in Paris, I took advantage of all that was offered, incredible shopping, beautiful markets, glorious flowers, delicious foods. One focus was planning a wedding in the “city of lights”. I scouted incredible locations for the perfect Parisian wedding. Of course my travels took me to Avenue George V where the incredible Four Seasons “George V” is located steps from the Champs Elysees. Givenchy, Hermes and the prefect church are right down the street! My other “fav” wedding hotel is the Ritz. Located in the old cobblestone Place Vendome, it is truly a perfect location and provides that hint of elegance right at the front door.

Buying your gown in Paris would be ideal. There are many couture boutiques offering the most stunning designs with the right look for anyone to be beautiful. Every time I passed a boutique, I took a look and snapped a shot of the window so when I return I can get right back to that store.

Flowers, flowers, flowers! Even the floral boutique “chains” had incredible store displays and sumptuous flowers and props.  It was true eye candy. I visited the floral market on the Isle many times. There was the most beautiful orchid store. Orchids are a bit mysterious to me in their  intricate color designs. The Place Maubert and Rue Moufftard markets were in my arrondissment (neighborhood). Twice a week I bought the freshest, prettiest  flowers for my apartment.

So, if you are looking to plan a Paris wedding, we are ready to assist!

Just for kicks, look at these wedding festivities held at the Versailles, Four Seasons and several other “posh” Parisian locales. A bit over the top for me but I would have loved to plan that one! Click Here